Position Type: Part-Time
Salary Range: $17 – $21/hr
Work Location: Fredericksburg, VA | Remote
To Apply: Click here to apply
Initial Training Period
A required initial training will take place during your first week before your normal schedule begins. Hours for training will vary from your actual shift schedule.
- Thursday – Saturday: 2 – 10 PM Eastern. The shift includes a 30-minute break.
About the Position:
Reclaim Hosting is a web hosting service focused on educators and educational institutions, seeking a Customer Support Specialist who will be an exceptional addition to our fun and fast-paced organization. This is a part-time position with room to expand your skill sets in cPanel administration, content management software, general customer experience with the possibility of becoming a full-time position for the right person!
The ideal candidate for this position works well independently but is not afraid to ask questions, has critical thinking and troubleshooting abilities, and must have excellent written communication skills. If you are enthusiastic about addressing customer issues and ready to take on new challenges then read on to learn more about this position and Reclaim Hosting.
As a Customer Support Specialist you will:
- Receive customer support requests and assess issue type and tier assignment
- Appropriately document information about the problem into a ticket tracking system
- Assist customers on tier I support tickets within defined SLA timelines
- Give timely, accurate, and friendly responses to customer inquiries
- Notify the customer when the incident is resolved or request fulfilled
- Monitor server activity and report outages as appropriate
- Maintain the server status page, tweets, and other social media
- Continually build skill sets in content management software, cPanel, and Reclaim Hosting’s different products and services
- Assist in compiling and editing manuals or process directions for support tasks
- Create community knowledge base materials
- Assist with tasks related to the annual conference
- Bachelors, technical certification, or equivalent relevant experience supported by resume
- 2+ years of customer support/service experience
- 1+ years of experience with cPanel
- 1+ years of experience with one or more of the following:
- Web Host Manager Complete Solution (WHMCS)
- Web Host Manager(WHM)
- Domain Name System(DNS) troubleshooting
- File transfer via the Internet (FTP)
- PHP Hypertext Preprocessor or other scripting languages
- 1+ years of experience with content management frameworks like WordPress, Drupal, or Omeka
- US-based applicants only. This position is open to nationwide applicants with a preference for local candidates in the Fredericksburg, Virginia area.
- A can-do and customer-centered attitude
- Able to take ownership of issues and ensure timely and thorough resolution of issues to the customers satisfaction
- Knowledge of customer service principles, techniques, systems, and standards
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and the internet, including how to search for keywords in knowledge base documentation and general search engines
- Ability and interest in learning new technology and applications
- If remote, a reliable high-speed internet connection. A company laptop is provided.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with others, from customers to team members
- Good analytical, comprehension, and documentation skills
- Ability to work productively alone and within a team
- Analytical skills to discern priority levels and flexibility to switch between priorities
- Not afraid to ask questions and give ideas
- Strong time-management skills
- Good attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications :
- Knowledge of online help software (we use Zendesk) and G Suite software.
Offering a competitive wage of $17 – $21 per hour, with compensation being dependent on the skills and experience that a candidate brings to the position.
Reclaim Hosting / Rockaway Hosting Overview:
Reclaim Hosting provides educators and institutions with an easy way to offer their students domains and web hosting that they own and control. Our goal is to make the process of offering a flexible web space and domain name for students as easy as possible and giving them the support they need to make it all happen.
Rockaway Hosting is our sister web hosting service focused on providing the perfect venue for a site, whether a small personal blog or a mission-critical business enterprise. Rockaway was born out of the related, but distinct Reclaim Hosting which is focused on supporting faculty and students in higher education and counts over 15,000 customers to date. The increased interest in hosting with us from a broader, non-academic community resulted in Rockaway Hosting.