Position Type: Full Time, 40hrs/week
Pay Range: $55k – $65k
Work Location: Remote, preferably EST hours
To Apply: Click here to apply
Reclaim Hosting is a web hosting company focused on providing institutions, educators, and students with flexible web hosting space and intentional community support. We’re looking for an Instructional Support Specialist to join our team full time and assist with support requests, collaborate on roadmap projects, and have a hand in shaping Instructional Technology services at Reclaim Hosting. This role will provide opportunities to expand your skills in container-based web hosting, cPanel administration, customer support, and educational technology.
This position must reside in the United States.
Roles & Responsibilities
Instructional Technology (45%) – This position will be expected to help build and expand the Instructional Technology team and service offerings at Reclaim Hosting. This may include community outreach, regular brainstorming with teams, creating professional development materials, and participating in Reclaim workshops and course events. Contribute to the research, planning, and implementation of Instructional Technology roadmap projects and coordinate closely with other teams regarding project progress and goals.
Technical Support (45%) – Assist Reclaim Hosting customers by troubleshooting and responding to support requests. Expected to be well-versed in technical Reclaim Hosting products and services in order to provide consultation and support to existing and potential customers. Assist with challenging client requests, issue escalations, or larger project improvements as needed by writing documentation, reporting outages, and coordinating with other teams to facilitate the best possible solution.
Exploration (10%) – Reclaim Hosting encourages all employees to spend a portion of their time towards the exploration of their own passions and interests. This may mean playing with new software, blogging about cool things that interest you, or something else entirely.
- Bachelors degree, technical certification, or equivalent relevant experience supported by resume
- 2+ years of instructional technology or design experience, preferably with a higher ed institution
- 2+ years of customer support/service experience
- 2+ years of experience with cPanel
- 1+ years of experience with one or more of the following: WHMCS, WHM, DNS Troubleshooting, FTP, Apache, and/or PHP and other scripting languages
- 2+ years of experience with applications like WordPress, Drupal, or Omeka
- Knowledge of online support ticketing software (we use Zendesk)
- Knowledge of customer service principles, techniques, systems, and standards.
- Familiarity with container-based virtualization solutions (eg. Docker and Virtuozzo).
- A can-do and customer-centered attitude
- Not afraid to ask questions, share ideas, or collaborate with others
- Communicate effectively and professionally with others, from customers to team members
- Able to take ownership of issues and ensure timely and thorough resolution of issues to the customers satisfaction
- Detail oriented, punctual, responsive
- Interest in learning new technology and applications
- Generous Vacation time, Sick leave, Company holidays, and other protected absences
- Health Insurance (Medical, Vision, Dental) & Life Insurance
- Retirement: 401K with 3% Employer Matching Contributions
- $500/year in Professional Development Funds
- Work from Home benefits and 10% rent reimbursement after one year of employment
- “Getting Started” funds, including a company laptop
- Ability to grow within the company
Reclaim Hosting provides educators and institutions with an easy way to offer their students domains and web hosting that they own and control. Our goal is to make the process of offering a flexible web space and domain name for students as easy as possible and giving them the support they need to make it all happen. (reclaimhosting.com)
Instructional Technology at Reclaim Hosting provides a niche support hub, learning community, and intentional professional development for curious minds and creative tinkerers, whether you have a background in Instructional Design, advanced IT Support, or sit somewhere in between. Learn more here.
Reclaim Cloud is a scalable, containerized infrastructure that offers a wide range of opportunities like spinning up a Docker container in the wild to institutions that want to move their infrastructure to a seamlessly scalable solution on a “pay as you go” model. More information can be found at reclaim.cloud.