Position Type: Part-Time
Salary Range: $17 – $21/hr
Work Location: Fredericksburg, VA
To Apply: Click here to apply
Reclaim Hosting is a web hosting service focused on educators and educational institutions, seeking a Customer Support Specialist who will be an exceptional addition to our fun and fast-paced organization. This is a part-time, entry-level position with room to expand your skill sets in cPanel administration, content management software, general customer experience with the possibility of becoming a full-time position for the right person!
The ideal candidate for this position works well independently but is not afraid to ask questions, has critical thinking and troubleshooting abilities, and must have excellent written communication skills. If you are enthusiastic about addressing customer issues and ready to take on new challenges then read on to learn more about this position and Reclaim Hosting.
As a Customer Support Specialist you will:
- Receive customer support requests and assess issue type and tier assignment
- Appropriately document information about the problem into a ticket tracking system
- Assist customers on tier I support tickets within defined SLA timelines
- Give timely, accurate, and friendly responses to customer inquiries
- Notify the customer when the incident is resolved or request fulfilled
- Monitor server activity and report outages as appropriate
- Maintain the server status page, tweets, and other social media
- Continually build skill sets in content management software, cPanel, and Reclaim Hosting’s different products and services
- Assist in compiling and editing manuals or process directions for support tasks
- Create community knowledge base materials
- Assist with tasks related to the annual conference
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of customer support/service experience
- US based applicants only. This position is open to nationwide applicants with a preference for local candidates in the Fredericksburg, Virginia region.
- A can-do and customer-centered attitude
- Able to take ownership of issues and ensure timely and thorough resolution of issues to the customers satisfaction
- Knowledge of customer service principles, techniques, systems, and standards
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and the internet, including how to search for keywords in knowledge base documentation and general search engines
- Ability and interest in learning new technology and applications
- If remote, a reliable high-speed internet connection. A company laptop is provided.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with others, from customers to team members
- Good analytical, comprehension, and documentation skills
- Ability to work productively alone and within a team
- Analytical skills to discern priority levels and flexibility to switch between priorities
- Not afraid to ask questions and give ideas
- Strong time-management skills
- Good attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications :
- Knowledge of online help software (we use Zendesk), content management frameworks like WordPress, Drupal, and Omeka, and G Suite software.
Familiarity with any of the following:
- Web Hosting Control Panels – particularly cPanel
- DNS troubleshooting
- File transfer via the Internet (FTP)
- PHP or other scripting languages
Initial Training Period
A required initial training will take place during your first 2 weeks before your normal schedule begins. Hours for training will vary from your actual shift schedule.
Shifts range from 24 – 28 hours per week including a 30-minute break.
- Sunday – Wednesday: 3 – 10 PM Eastern
- Thursday – Saturday: 2 – 10 PM Eastern