May’s Intentional learning is Domain of One’s Own. I’m super excited for this month! Not only because DoOO is such a big part of Relcaim’s infrastructure but it’s always nice to have a refresher on how the system works together to create a space for students to start carving out their own space online.
So to start the monthly learning, I wanted to refresh myself with an overview of DoOO. Lauren created a virtual walkthrough tour of the 3 facets to the product, WordPress, WHMCS, and WHM a few years ago. It’s a short and sweet 35-minute video that gives you a taste of the system itself. I never realized really how much all 3 pieces interconnected together but Lauren does an awesome job connecting them into the video!
As I was watching, I started to jot down some notes of things that stood out to me, but I found I was writing ideas down for potential documentation to write! So I wanted to write this post as a way to document the ideas for what I want to write this month (and mainly accountability on my end):
- Highlighting plugins used in the WordPress site
- Remvoing Dashboard Access
- Switch User’s
- Giving Students/Users Access to their cPanel after Graduation/Leaving Instution
- Removing application access within Installatron
- Highlighting important files within the WordPress theme that are necessary for the DoOO infrastructure to work
- Adding WHMCS administrator users
- Interpreting WHMCS Log information
- Finding Account numbers
And this is just to name a few! I do want to take the time this month to bolster our documentation for admins and end users alike as we’re big into teaching first
I’m ready to dive back into intentional learning and taking the time to really focus on Domain of One’s Own. Stay tuned!